“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is an old Welsh proverb that most of us are familiar with, but what makes this fruit so special? What health benefits are associated with eating apples?
As one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world, apples are continuously being praised as a “miracle food”.
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber.
The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Let’s take a look at the possible health benefits of apples:
- Improving neurological health
- Preventing dementia
- Reducing your risk of stroke
- Lowering levels of bad cholesterol
- Reducing your risk of diabetes
- Warding off breast cancer