To be your happiest and healthiest self, we bring you a wide selection of health facts from fitness to food to hydration.
These health facts cover a range of topics to provide you with knowledge and insights into how you can better take care of yourself and information about health around the world.
- Laughing is good for the heart and can increase blood flow by 20 percent.
- Always look on the bright side: being an optimist can help you live longer. – Studies have found that optimism is beneficial to your overall health, but is linked to a healthy heart and can even help ward off diseases.
- Exercise will give you more energy, even when you’re tired.
- Sitting and sleeping are great in moderation, but too much can increase your chances of an early death.
- A lack of exercise now causes as many deaths as smoking.
- Smelling rosemary may increase alertness and improve memory so catch a whiff before a test or important meeting.
- Yoga can boost your cognitive function and lowers stress.
- Walking outside – or spending time in green space – can reduce negative thoughts and boost self-esteem.
- Almonds, avocados and arugula (the three ‘A’s) can boost your sex drive and improve fertility.
- Tea can lower risks of heart attack, certain cancers, type 2 Diabetes and Parkinson’s disease. Just make sure your tea isn’t too sweet!